WCWAA Soccer Field Status Update
Field Status will updated by:
3:30pm on Weekdays; 7:30am on Saturdays; 11:30am on Sundays
Grass Fields - Optimist Park - OPEN
Turf Fields - Optimist Park - OPEN
Matthews Sportsplex -Open
To use soccer fields - contact
To use turf field for soccer - contact
Note: when fields are open and they are wet, please try and avoid the wet areas. Move your practice around, do not practice in one spot on the field, that will tear up the grass.
Note: Coaches please abide by the practice schedule; practice on your designated field at your designated time only! Any changes must be approved by your Age Group DOC.
Parents if unsure of your practice schedule, please contact your Coach
Note: Grass field access is by permission only. No one is to be using the soccer fields at WCWAA Optimist Park without proper authorization via a Soccer Board Member.
Rules for Practices
- Please avoid practicing in puddles and very damp areas
- Move your practice area around your practice space to avoid tearing up the fields
- DO NOT PRACTICE in the goal mouth area (the 18 yd box)
- If you need to use a goal, slide the goal to a touch line and do not use it in the goal area.
Remember you ruin these fields during your practice, they are ruin for your games!!!!
TAKE CARE OF THE FIELDS!
In cases of bad weather:
Please note if Thunder and Lightening is in the area check the Lightening Alert located on the top of the broadcast booth of the Babe Ruth field.
If the yellow beacon is lit up and circulating, then the fields are closed!, everyone is to get off the fields and get in a car and await instructions from their Coach.
- Long hard siren means lightening is in the area and for all people to get off the fields. The yellow beacon will light up and spin.
- 3 sharp blasts of the siren is the all clear and players can go back to the fields. The yellow beacon will no longer be lit up.