WCWAA Soccer High School Boys 7v7 Supplemental League
Rules & Information
The purpose of this league is to provide High School aged players as well as rising College Freshman with an opportunity to continue to work on & develop their skills as they prepare for their upcoming seasons. Our intent is to provide those who are unable or do not have the ability to train this summer with an outlet to be better prepared for their Seasons when they begin this fall. The league is player driven, meaning teams will be coached and “managed” by the players themselves, creating a sense of responsibility and accountability needed during a season. All Games will be played in a 7v7 Format through the fall season and will conclude with a league playoff & Champion.
Game Day Procedures
- The league will be held at Weddington Optimist Park Fields # 1,2,4 & 5 (All Turf).
- Game Days & Times:
- Games will be Played on Wednesday Evenings/ Night’s & Select Thursdays.
- Teams will Play 1 Game a Night.
- Teams will at minimum get 6 regular season games
- Every team will make the Playoffs & is guaranteed 1 Game
- Season Timeline:
- Match-Day 1: Wednesday 6/7
- Match-Day 2: Thursday 6/8
- Match-Day 3: Wednesday 6/14
- Match-Day 4: Wednesday 6/21
- Match-Day 5: Wednesday 6/28
- Match-Day 6: Wednesday 7/12
- Match-Day 7: Thursday 7/13
- Playoff Match Day 1: Wednesday 7/19
- Playoff Match Day 2: Thursday 7/20
- Season Schedule:
- The season will last from June 7th – July 13
- Playoffs will begin July 19th – July 20th
- Games will be played between 5pm and 10:00pm
i.Game times subject to change based on league registrations.
- League Play:
- Teams will register in either Varsity or Junior Varsity Division.
i.Varsity Division consisting of players who are or play at the varsity level and above, or Rising Juniors, Seniors or College Freshman
ii.Junior Varsity Division consisting of Players who are or play at the Junior Varsity level or are Rising Freshman or Sophomores
- Matchups and groupings will be dependent on the number of teams registered and schools represented.
- Playoff Format:
- Teams will Compete for Playoff Seeding throughout the season as results will determine order
- Playoff games will be played under same rules as seasonal play however, the game must conclude in one team winning
a.Teams must be composed of Current High School Aged Students or Rising College Freshman (13 – 19 years old).
b.Players are welcome to play regardless of School or Club affiliation
c.Any player that does not have a “team” will be given assigned a team based on Grade Level, School, etc.
d.Teams will be comprised of School affiliation, and will be limited to amount of “non-school members” (See below)
- Teams will be self-organized, coached & regulated by players
i.Each team will have a selected “team captain” that will be in charge of communication and organization of the team
ii.Teams will be responsible for substitutions and players behavior
iii.Teams will not be allowed to have guest players
iv.Teams are only allowed 3 “non-school members” on roster
iThis includes other High schools & Rising College freshman
a.Rosters Sizes are determined by players
i.Roster Max: 18
ii.Roster Minimum: 9
iii.Non-School members Roster Spots Max: 3
b.Guest Players will not be permitted during the season
c.Rosters & all players must be confirmed (payed for) and official by the start of the season or team will be dissolved from league.
d.Rosters are allowed a Maximum of 3 designated “non-school member” rosters spots on a 14 Man Roster
D. Registration Fee:
$1000 per team if registered and paid by May 31, 2023. $1200 starting June 1, 2023
3 Step Registration Process
3 Part Registration Process
- Team Registration:
- Team Captain will complete Team Registration located on the WCWAA Soccer site
iii.First and last name of all players on the roster
- Player Waiver Registration
- Team Captain will be sent information to provide to all players listed on the roster.
- All players on the roster must complete Online Player Waiver Registration to be placed on the official league roster.
- Team Registration Payment
- Team Captain will be sent separate registration link to provide payment for League admittance.
i.Payment must be made in full prior to schedule release date or team will be dropped from the league.
ii.Team payment will be made in one full payment. $1000 if paid before May 31; $1200 after May 31.
Deadline and Dates
A.Early Team and Player Registrations Open: May 5th ($1000 Team Cost)
B.Regular Team Registration Opens: June 1st ($1,200 Team Cost)
C.Registration Closes: June 3rd.
D.Roster Confirmation: June 6th
E.Player Waiver and Team Payment Deadline: June 6th
F.Schedule Released: June 7th
G.Games Begin: June 8th
REGISTRATION STEP ONE!